“To what extent is my visual imagination restricted by the beauty standards that flood all media every day?
How can I resist, or even reclaim, my sense of aesthetic?”
this website is under construction,
upcoming shows or talks
05. novmeber 2019 Hamburg - artist talk "Im Gespräch mit Moshtari Hilal: Zeichnen als semi-dokumentarische Skulptur" at HfBK (university of fine arts)
12. decmebre 2019 Hamburg - solo show at Âme Nue - "The Warm Pillow was My Mother, The Blanket My Father“
recently on display or talikng
04. october 2019 Berlin - Guest Q&A on Beauty with Parallelgesellschaft (Spoken Word Collective)
03-04.october 2019 Hamburg - Art Books, Zines and Editions market, curated by Liberty Adiren - on display at Ame Nue
13-14.september 2019 Marseille - group exhibition with institut francais and centre photographique Marseille - "la Nuit de l'Instant"
08.september 2019 Hamburg - Pop Hayat Panel Talk commissioned by Formation Now Festival at Lukulule (Yesim Duman, Leyla Yenirce, Nuray Demir)
21-23.august 2019 Berlin - commissioned work for Pop-Kultur 2019 - "The Black Haired Bomb"
25. july 2019 Bamberg - artist talk "Creating Beyond the Collectibe Other" at the University of Bamberg, invited by Prof. Dr. Charlotte Bank
03-07.july 2019 Beirut - on display at Beirut Design Week 2019 (nostalgia) - "When My Mother Entered My Work"
18-19.mai 2019 Hamburg - group exhibition at institut francais during Lange Nacht der Museen - "la Nuit de l'Instant"
24-27.april 2019 London - art residency and performance at Albany - "Haramacy" (Zahed Sultan)
09. february 2019 Berlin - penal discussion during Berlinale 2019 at Arsenal - "What We Left Unfinished" (with Mariam Ghani, moderated by Sandra Schäfer)
27.october -4.november 2018 London - solo show at Enclave Projects (Goldsmith University) - "BANAL - an exploration of everyday aesthetics"
"Thick brows accentuate the dark eyes of the women in her works and prominent noses rise between them. Black hair lines their upper lips and grows down their forearms below their sleeves. These black markings stand out in sharp relief against the white of the paper she draws on, as deliberate as her desire to create a space where people who look like her are visible and celebrated." read my recent feature on wetransfer to learn more about my work